What Is The Mango Girl CIC?
The Mango Girl CIC is a groundbreaking initiative based in Northern Ireland that aims to empower women to become their highest selves through supportive and life changing workshops, mentoring, speaking and events.
At The Mango Girl CIC
we believe that every woman deserves a chance to rise, to be heard, to feel confident and to live a life of purpose.
The commitment of rising despite adversity is at the core of the work we do at The Mango Girl CIC.
Our founder, Dr. Ava Eagle Brown, grew up in rural Jamaica in poverty and was a victim of domestic violence, incest and rape. Even from a young age she became determined to change her circumstances and her industrious spirit saw her selling mangoes on the trains of Jamaica to support her family. There were many times when she begged for support and eventually her calls for help were answered and she rose up to become a mentor, activist, ambassador and speaker who has helped thousands rise. She’s helped women in Ethiopia who were trapped in sexual slavery, has supported a widows project in Soweto, has been an ambassador for Evolve Housing, helping homeless people find accomodation, and worked with women and children in the UK, Barbados, Jamaica and the US to inspire and support them to change their lives for the better.
She founded the Mango Girl CIC to be the kind of help that she once needed so that every woman can have access to support so that they too can rise despite their circumstances.
OUR 5 SUPPORTIVE PILLARS
Our workshops, mentoring and speaking are underpinned by 5 supportive pillars that define how we support women in communities across Northern Ireland.
PILLAR 1 – AWAKENING
● Empower women to understand who they are and the unique gifts they can bring to the world.
● Peel back the layers of experience and help women to recognise how this has influenced their lives and how to process this in healthy ways.
PILLAR 2 – DEVELOP SELF-CONFIDENCE
● Take women from places of low self-esteem to understanding their worth and develop plans and processes for realising that worth.
PILLAR 3 – EMPOWER PURPOSE
●Examine each woman’s unique blocks to success and fulfillment and how to use mindset and other proven techniques to achieve breakthrough and live fearless, purposeful and inspired lives.
PILLAR 4 – EQUIP
- Equip women to succeed and realise their dreams.
- Work with victims of abuse to equip them with practical and progressive solutions to change their lives for the better.
- Walk alongside women and develop communities of brave world changers
PILLAR 5 – EMPLOY
- Help women to get back to work from an absence and develop careers that are satisfying and fulfilling.
- Mentor women on self-employment and creating businesses that inspire them everyday.